You are invited to an open discussion about the Draft of the new NICE Antenatal Care Guideline. Breech Birth Network would like to collect the views of families who have experienced a breech presentation at term and care providers on the draft guidance.
The NICE Antenatal Care Guideline covers the detection of breech presentation (how midwives and obstetricians pick up that your baby is breech) and how a known breech presentation at term should be managed by your care providers.
The recommendations are based on outcomes that are considered ‘critical’ and ‘important.’ A discussion of how the committee has prioritised outcomes and decided upon a recommendation is included in the Evidence Reviews.
This is a first meeting. A second will be held in March to review the results of this meeting and any written responses Breech Birth Network has received, before the deadline at the end of March. At the meeting we will:
- Help you understand what the guideline and evidence reviews are saying.
- Ask you how you feel about the recommendations.
- Ask you if you would like to provide any feedback to the committee, which we will include in a collective response.
If you are unable to attend this meeting, you are also welcome to:
- engage in this discussion by posting a comment on this blog page;
- contact us using the e-mail form below to provide non-public feedback;
- or leave a comment on our FaceBook group page, where we will post a link to this invitation.
Note: We have observed that some of the women we work with have experienced distress or sometimes trauma in their breech pregnancies. If your experience makes it uncomfortable to participate in a group event, and you would like to have a 1:1 meeting with someone from the Breech Birth Network, please contact us using the e-mail form below.
Shawn Walker is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: Consultation on draft NICE Antenatal Guideline
Time: Feb 13, 2021 02:00 PM London
Meeting ID: 886 9597 3178