Breech Birth Network are pleased to announce the publication of an evaluation of our physiological breech birth training, conducted in eight NHS hospitals across England and Northern Ireland. Click on the image below to read the full evaluation.
- Multi-disciplinary training, involving NHS midwives and obstetricians
- Only training to have demonstrated an increase, rather than a decrease, in vaginal breech births following delivery of the training package, although this was not statistically significant
- Use of upright positions at birth increased significantly
- Pilot data: no adverse outcomes among births attended by someone who had completed the training, compared to a background rate of 7%
- Pilot data: perineal outcomes similar to cephalic births
Congratulations to midwife Stella Mattiolo, who collected and analysed this data as part of her Masters in Research.